Please see below message from Project Engineer, Stanley Yue:
Please let me first thank everyone for your continued patience while we proceed to complete the work on Avenue Road and Bloor. It has been a challenging project but with everyone’s understanding and cooperation, we are nearing the end. Below will be the scope of work for the next two weeks as we proceed to completion.
Please see below:
- Monday Dec 5 (Evening Work) - Connection of the new 300 mm watermain to the existing 300 mm watermain on Avenue Rd south of Bloor scheduled for Monday (Dec 5) evening. Traffic setup to start at 7:00 pm. As the shaft is already excavated and filled only with stone, all Hydrovac excavation should be completed before 11:00 pm. No Water Service distruption is anticipated.
- Wednesday Dec 7 (Day Work) - Relocate the existing hydrant at the north east corner of Avenue Rd and Bloor on Wednesday, Dec 7 for day work. This work is expected to start after the morning rush with min two lanes of traffic northbound for the afternoon rush. Work will occupy the northbound curb lane on Avenue Road north of Bloor. Work will occupy the eastern sidewalk on Avenue Road between Bloor St W and approx. 20 m south of Cumberland Avenue. Fast fence will be used to redirect pedestrian traffic around the church and access to the Church will be maintained. Work is expected to be completed by 6:00 pm. No Water Service distruption is anticipated.
- Thursday Dec 8 (Night Work) – Test at 12:00 am to ensure the Hyatt can be serviced through the relocation work above on Thursday morning. There will be no excavation work and service distruptions to the Hyatt may be expereinced for very short duration.
If the test on bullet three works, then we will do the following:
- Connection of the new 300 mm watermain to the existing 300 mm watermain on Avenue Rd north of Bloor to be scheduled for Monday (Dec 12) evening. Traffic setup to start at 6:00 pm. The shaft is already excavated however it is also filled with ufill and thus excavation may take a little longer. We will strive to have all Hydrovac excavation should be completed before 12:00 pm. No Water Service distruption should be anticipated except for 150 Bloor Street West and the Church of the Redeemer at approx. 8:00 pm resuming at 6:00 am.
- If the service to the hyatt cannot be maintained by the 150 mm. We proceed with the above work Dec 18 during Hyatt’s lowest occupancy with water shutting down promptly at 10 pm to be reopened at 4 am. Evening excavation will start well in advance and scheduled to be completed by 10:00 pm. Water service distruption should be anticitpated for the Park Hyatt, Morton’s steakhouse, 150 Bloor Street West and the Church of the Redeemer over night.
Following the above work, we will be complete the underground work. We will return in the spring to complete any road restoration as required. Again, thank you for your continued patience.