In Fall 2015, City Council approved a refocusing of the Community Investment Funding programs. The Community Investment Funding programs are time-limited, project-based funding totaling approximately $3 million. The funding streams in the Community Investment are: Community Recreation, Community Festivals, Community Safety, Access, Equity and Human Rights and Service Development Investment Program)
Please take 20 minutes to provide the City with information that will help guide the grant programs to be more responsive, accountable, transparent and accessible.
Go to the survey by clicking here. The anonymous survey will be available until August 21, 2016.
The survey is one of three ways to have your ideas heard:
- Community Investment Strategy Review Survey (fill out information about your group's needs by clicking here)
- Roundtables for Community Groups (register by clicking here)
- Community Town Hall (on September 27; to get your feedback on the draft staff report based on input from the Survey and Roundtables. Register by clicking here.)
The purpose of the grant program review is to:
- Ensure that the grant programs advance the City's Council-approved strategic directions (e.g. Toronto Strong Neighbourhoods Strategy 2020, Poverty Reduction Strategy, Toronto Seniors Strategy, Toronto Youth Equity Strategy, Toronto Newcomer Strategy, etc.);
- Find ways to better support new and emerging community groups; and,
- Respond to the changing needs of the community sector.
The City depends on a thriving community-based sector as a key partner in achieving the City’s strategic goals. This funding will be available to Toronto community groups and organizations for projects that advance the City of Toronto's strategic directions.
Your responses to this survey, along with input received from Community Roundtables, will help guide the new or revised grants programs and processes. Staff will present the recommendations to City Council for approval in 2016. The new grant program will begin in spring of 2017.
This survey should take approximately 20 minutes to complete. If you need to save and return to the survey, you may do so.