Issue / Background:
Emergency repairs to a damaged drainage system will be undertaken to maintain structural integrity of the building located at 925 Bay Street. A rotary drilling rig will be set up on Wellesley Street West to accomplish the task. The site is located in the south-east corner of Wellesley Street West and Bay Street.
- Partial closure of the eastbound through traffic lane; closure of the bike lane and sidewalk on the south side of Wellesley Street West, along the frontage of the subject building, from March 27, 2017 to April 07, 2017.
- Work hours: 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday to Friday; and 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Saturday.
- The existing westbound left-turn lane will be utilized to maintain a 3.4 metre wide eastbound through traffic lane on the subject section of Wellesley Street West. As a result, the westbound left-turn movements at the intersection of Wellesley Street West and Bay Street will be restricted, except for TTC vehicles.
- Two Police Officers and two Traffic Control Persons will be on site to facilitate pedestrian and vehicular movements around the work zone.
- Pedestrian movements will be maintained on the north side of Wellesley Street West.
- Notification has been sent in writing to all abutting property owners and businesses three business days prior.
- Access to all driveways and laneways will be maintained.
- There are no street events scheduled during the project activity times.
- Advance advisory signage has been installed.
- Councillor Kristyn Wong-Tam's office TTC and Emergency Services have been advised.